This document provides a list of release notes for each software release, including bug fixes and functionality improvements.
Additional Release Notes
Check out the following release notes and information related to other areas of the business:
- SDK release notes
- List of known issues
September 15, 2023
- Custom Code functionality has been deprecated to allow Geotab to implement an improved alternative. For more information, refer to the End of Life Announcement.
- Removed group and type sorting from the Zone List page.
- Added the option to export the current grid data from the Engine Data Profile view.
- Improved the naming and navigation of some Tachograph modules, specifically Infringements and Reports.
- Fixed an issue that prevented truck speed limits from being updated.
- Fixed the Satellite view not being visible on the Add/Edit/View Route pages.
- Fixed an issue on the Exception page that caused speeding rules to not show the truck speed limit when truck speed limit is set to -1 (which is used to denote that truck speed = max speed).
- Fixed an issue with the creation of EngineSyncCompliance diagnostics.
September 8, 2023
Built-in asset groups
- Added Container and Equipment asset group types (in addition to Vehicle and Trailer).
- Added back-end indexing to trips, which improves the performance of the Vehicle Utilization Report.
- Removed the Sub-period option from reports where that option is not applicable or doesn’t add value, in particular the EV Charging Report.
- Fixed a Drive App issue where trailers were sometimes not correctly classified as trailer objects, which could cause syncing errors.
- Fixed an issue with the Share asset location feature that would prevent users from zooming in or panning around the map.
- Fixed some fields on the Device Status page (such as GPS data) incorrectly showing the current datetime when the actual last reported datetime is missing.
- Fixed an error when retrieving DutyStatusLogs for all drivers.
September 1, 2023
- Re-added the barcode scanning feature, which was temporarily removed due to a security vulnerability.
- Fixed an issue that caused information to be missing from Maintenance Reminder emails.
- Add-Ins under the same primary grouping are now sorted by name. They were previously sorted by the order in which they loaded, which appeared random and was not useful to users.
- Fixed an issue with interactive reports where, when going from a company group to a subgroup, the interactive reports would incorrectly display the company group assets instead of the subgroup’s assets.
August 25, 2023
- Added a toggle to the Trips Summary Report options that allows users to choose whether or not to include 0-distance trips in the report.
- Added a group filtering component to the Customer Visits Report (currently in Feature Preview/Experimental Feature mode).
- Fixed users not being able to select multiple groups when importing an asset on the Groups page.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bulk Import feature to not work correctly.
- Fixed an issue with how the Quick import tool handles assets with no specified name.
- Fixed an issue with the Drive App where trip categorizations could be lost in certain scenarios.
August 18, 2023
- Added a message to all rules that include a zone type element (such as Fleet Idling, Vehicle Movement Within Zones, and so on), reminding users to ensure that the selected zone type has zones associated with it. (If a zone type has no zones associated with it, no exceptions can be generated.)
- For clarity, we renamed some elements in the Planned vs. actual route report page: "define stop offset" is now "define arrival window", and "stop offset" is now "arrival window".
- Fixed an issue where misconfigured Add-Ins could sometimes prevent users from logging out of the Drive App.
- Fixed a hardware caching issue that could sometimes result in drivers being automatically assigned to archived (historical) vehicles.
- Fixed issues with French translations in the Drive App's ELD transfer PDF.
- Fixed an issue where, when a user registers a database on certain servers, an invalid session error would incorrectly appear, despite the database being created successfully.
- Fixed the Device Status page showing no data for offline or non-communicating devices when the DEVICE_UPTIME custom code is used.
- Fixed the Maintenance Backlog widget not applying group filtering at the device level, which could result in incorrect counts/values being displayed in the widget.
- Fixed IFTA reports incorrectly including trailers when all vehicles are selected.
- Fixed some display bugs related to the main menu and submenu: hovering over a main menu item no longer changes the opacity of the icon, and clicking a submenu icon now hides the help tooltip that appears when hovering over it.
- Fixed the Maintenance Reminder page returning incomplete search results when filtering by groups in some scenarios.
August 11, 2023
- Imported shapefiles now have their road length represented in kilometers instead of meters. This is meant to align shapefile distances with the units that are used for exception events.
- For performance reasons, fuel usage columns (Fuel Used and Fuel Economy) have been removed from the default Risk Management report. However, those columns can now be added to your custom Risk Management report templates.
- The Maintenance Bulk Import process now ignores letter casing. This is a quality of life change that should reduce the amount of errors and failed uploads - for example, previously, an upload for maintenance type “Oil change” would fail if the existing maintenance type had a capital C in “Oil Change”.
- Added new icons to the new Navigation workflow, which is currently in Feature Preview/Experimental Feature mode.
- Fixed some issues with the Conditions builder that occurred when the USE_COMPLEX_TREE flag was enabled.
- Fixed database registration emails showing DNS name instead of server URL.
- Fixed an issue where route completion lines could sometimes disappear and reappear when panning around the map, or when zooming in and out.
- Fixed an issue with group filtering that could sometimes occur when generating a Risk Management report.
- Made several fixes and usability improvements to the Bulk Import workflow.
- On mobile devices, fixed bulk actions appearing twice when a user selects and deselects the same asset.
- Fixed an issue where Drive App users would have to enter their credentials twice after updating from version 8.0 to 11.0.
- Fixed an issue where API calls made with users that only have the View trailers and Administer trailers permissions would incorrectly return both tracked and untracked assets (instead of only untracked assets).
- Made performance improvements to the Unidentified Logs page.
August 4, 2023
- Added Malay language support.
- Offline devices on the Assets page now show potential reasons for loss of connectivity. The Possible issues are displayed on the Device Status page, and include:
- Device rate plan terminated
- Device rate plan suspended
- Low asset battery
- Possible loose device installation
- Replaced device
- Unknown reason
- Added new, more detailed, notification tokens related to asset inspection to help fleet managers follow up and take appropriate action based on the type of DVIR that was created. The new tokens are available in Notification Templates > Add email template, and are as follows:
- Asset Inspection Defect
- Asset Inspection Defect Remark
- Asset Inspection Driver Remark
- Users can now dismiss notifications from the list view. Previously, users had to open a notification to dismiss it, which could be slow to load for customers with large numbers of messages.
- Fixed an issue where additional clearances (other than View dashboard) were incorrectly required to view the Dashboard page.
- Fixed an issue that caused Route segments to have distorted/jagged edges, particularly for narrower segments.
- Fixed an issue where the counts shown on slices of the Maintenance Type chart would be different than the counts shown on the Maintenance Records page.
- Fixed the map zooming out when adding a new zone.
- Fixed an issue that caused the EventType column to not be included in Event History reports.
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, logs could be incorrectly assigned to a driver who was not assigned to a vehicle.
- Fixed some display issues on the HOS Logs page in MyGeotab when an address is not found.
July 28, 2023
- For convenience, Add-Ins can now be placed in any top-level main menu category of your choice. For example, you can have a maintenance-related Add-In (such as a tire pressure monitor) appear under Engine & Maintenance in the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where Welcome and Reset Password emails had text the same color as the background, making the body text unreadable.
- Made several bug fixes and improvements to the Seat Belt Violations interactive report.
- Fixed an issue where verified logs would sometimes be shown as unverified when viewed from a different time zone.
- Fixed an issue where trailer asset inspections would not appear on the DVIR screen if they were created while the driver was on-duty.
- Added API support for EmissionVehicleCycle and EmissionVehicleCycleMessage to facilitate the California Air Resource Board’s (CARB) Emission Reporting Service.
- Added GetRegions and GetLanguages methods that return labels and values for regions and languages, respectively.
July 21, 2023
- Added labels for general speed limits and truck speed limits to the card that appears when you hover over a vehicle.
- The Optimize route button is now always visible when adding or modifying stops to a route, and the Revert button now only appears when there are changes to revert.
- Fixed some tachograph diagnostic data being lost during processing.
- Made several bug fixes and improvements to the asset location card on the map.
- Fixed an issue where the legend text for Maintenance Type charts would not dynamically wrap when viewed on smaller screens.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Engine Measurements page to time out when retrieving Cargo Door diagnostics.
- Fixed Active Insights table titles not updating when the date filter is changed.
July 14, 2023
- Changed the default duration of Stops from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Added a Groups filter to the Customer Stops page.
- Improved the performance of the Duty Status Logs report.
- The Password Policy options in System Settings are now hidden if they are the same as the default values. We are making these changes to prepare for a change to a centralized access management system. For more information about Centralized Identification Access Management, refer to this blog post.
- ✱ NOTE: Databases with custom password policies can still view and modify their Password Policy options.
- Fixed audit logs incorrectly showing group IDs instead of group names.
- Fixed empty Maintenance Backlog charts showing a blank chart instead of a No data message.
- Made several bug fixes and performance improvements related to the engine sync compliance diagnostic.
- Fixed an issue where critical defect notifications would still be shown after the defect was repaired.
- Fixed an issue where duty status would not automatically change from Yard Move to On Duty when the Yard Move exemption rule is broken (for example, when vehicle speed goes above the specified threshold).
- Fixed an issue where driver logs could have a datetime stamp in the future.
July 7, 2023
- Re-added the option to show hidden zones on the Map page.
- Fixed an issue where removed co-drivers would still be shown as co-drivers on the Assets panel of the Map page.
- Fixed an issue on the Trips History page where disabling the Include archived (historical) data toggle would not correctly hide data from archived drivers.
- Made the appearance of various Advanced Exceptions reports more consistent.
- Fixed an issue where edits to a zone shape would sometimes not be saved.
- Fixed an issue with the Costliest Asset widget in the Maintenance Center where clicking the first asset in the list does not preselect that asset on the Maintenance Records page.
June 30, 2023
- Fixed some multi-select dropdown menus not working in the Safety Center.
- Fixed the Show/hide archived assets button not working on the Maintenance Reminders page.
- Fixed the search field not working correctly on the Maintenance Records page for customers with very large databases.
- Fixed an issue where editing an asset on the Cameras page would cause the Save and Cancel buttons to no longer work.
- Added missing Speed Details graph to the Collision Detection Exceptions page.
June 23, 2023
- On the Exceptions page, removed the Speed Details graph from rules/exceptions where it is irrelevant or not useful (such as After hours usage).
- Added a notification to the Engine Faults page when a search returns more than 50,000 items.
- Added a time selector to the date picker on the Fill-Ups tab of the Fuel and EV Energy Usage page.
- Fixed ELD transfer PDFs missing information when there is an unidentified driver.
- Fixed the Support Ticket form getting reset when the groups filter is changed.
- Fixed the BEV Range Capability report not appearing in the navigation menu.
- The “Contact us” link in the Add a New Asset workflow is now hidden for users that do not have the appropriate permissions.
- Fixed the Zone Type associated with a rule being removed after a unique condition is added to the rule.
- Fixed J1939 diagnostics being incorrectly categorized as faults.
- Fixed maintenance reminder emails not being sent when there are multiple Email to group recipients.
June 16, 2023
- Clicking an asset in the Costliest Asset widget now navigates the user to the Maintenance Records page with that asset preselected.
- Clicking an asset in the Upcoming Maintenance widget now navigates the user to the Upcoming Maintenance page with that asset preselected.
- Fixed errors in fuel economy calculation when a refuel occurs during the driving portion of a trip.
- Fixed labels not working correctly on the Trips History page.
- Fixed some reminders on the Maintenance Reminder page showing incorrect values.
- Fixed the Audit Log search not returning any results when searching for a specific vehicle.
June 9, 2023
- Replaced previous Tachograph Add-In solution with native Tachograph module. For more information, refer to the Transition from Tachograph Add-In to Tachograph Module document.
- Fixed various issues with the trip pointer on the Trips History page on mobile devices.
- Fixed the zoom in (+) button on the map occasionally zooming out if multiple vehicles are selected.
- Fixed the Cancel button in the Filter by group dropdown not correctly discarding any changes.
- Fixed dates on the x-axis of dashboard graphs sometimes not appearing in chronological order.
- Fixed bulk edits on the Vehicle & Assets page not correctly saving changes to device behavior settings.
- Fixed selected columns on the Vehicle & Assets page (such as Current driver, VIN, License plate, etc.) not appearing on mobile devices.
- Fixed the Possible Collisions dashboard having an invalid default configuration.
June 2, 2023
- Added various items to the default template of the Possible Collisions report:
- Device ID and Vehicle ID are now included by default, allowing users to drill down for deeper insights.
- If Interactive chart is selected in the report options, a bar chart with predefined default settings is now included.
- Fixed an issue where zones, routes, and route groups would sometimes be duplicated when the same shapefile is imported multiple times to the same Service Group.
- Removed excess padding around the map panel on the New Zones page.
- Fixed maintenance notifications being incorrectly sent to users without access to the associated vehicle.
- Increased the maximum download retry count for importing Fuel Transactions.
- Fixed some maintenance information (Overdue and Upcoming Maintenance) not appearing on the Health tab of the Asset Edit page.
- Added support for the AddIn search object.
- Device license plate is now updated if the device license plate field is empty but the VLR (Variable Length Record) has registration (Tachograph processing).
- Added ability to configure the time window of route stops. The default is 1 hour.
May 26, 2023
- Added functionality to specify the groups that assets should belong to in the Add Multiple Assets workflow.
- Created empty view for the dashboard page.
- Created charts with sample data
- Created a View Safety Center permission to control access to the Safety Center.
- Introduced the following permissions to provide better control over access and functions of the Maintenance Center:
- View Maintenance Center — Provides access to the Maintenance Center.
- Ability to Skip Maintenance Reminder — Enables functionality to skip maintenance reminders.
- Ability to Snooze Maintenance Reminder — Enables functionality to snooze maintenance reminders.
- Fixed visibility issue for the X button to close tooltips.
- Fixed various issues in the Canadian ELD PDF: blank Distance Today field and missing values for Current total engine hours and Vehicle distance.
- Enhanced Vehicle Groups rules condition to generate cleaner code.
- Improved messaging when attempting to remove trailers associated with duty status and/or Asset Inspection logs.
- Fixed inconsistency between maintenance reminder odometer and/or engine hour values when events have the same date.
- Assets not showing stop in zone icon correctly.
- Trips History report returns all drivers rather than selected drivers.
- Added the jobPriorities property to the user object. This property stores the list of selected job priorities.
- Added the activeDefaultDashboards property to the user object. This property stores the list of default dashboards.
- The GetDaylightSavingRules method now only returns rules from the year 2000 onwards by default.
May 19, 2023
- Created a new Tachograph section on the Rules page with two Tachograph rules:
- Company Cards Availability — Provides notification when company cards are no longer connected to the system for a time period exceeding 96 hours.
- Weekly Status Overview — A weekly notification that reflects outstanding downloads, expired company, and driver cards.
- Fixed group filtering functionality on the Trips History page.
- Fixed visibility of RouteCompletion legend.
- Fixed Assets panel on mobile devices to remain expanded when toggling between tabs.
- Fixed issue that caused Group Filtering AND conditions to not function as intended on the Map.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the PropertySelector would incorrectly return more properties than were specified.
- Removed sealed objects from NuGet classes.
- Added the "BC Logging Truck" ruleset.
May 12, 2023
- Added functionality to click segments of the Maintenance Type chart and access the Maintenance Records page with data for the corresponding vehicles.
- Updated font and background colors while on the Satellite view for improved visibility.
- Removed the restriction preventing multiple or consecutive stops to the same zone or address.
- Fixed incorrect Odometer values when FromDate is inside a Trip stop.
- Fixed issue that did not allow removing zones connected with expired shareable links.
- Fixed issue that caused Web Report and Map panels to overlap when resizing the browser.
- Fixed issue that did not consistently bring users to their saved Map views.
- Fixed issue that caused route stops that are unreachable to break the route.
- Fixed issue that auto-populated the Selected driver field while assigning a driver.